Confession: I love the idea of Barba getting an intern. She’s 17 & nice & eccentric & has a huge capacity for empathy. Most of the victims are young women & the longer they work together & the closer they get, the more likely he is to take cases & to stay up late into the night. Because it isn’t just about politics anymore, it’s about protection. I would also love to see Barba’s intern get kidnapped. She’s clever & she winds up getting out of it on her own & making her own way back, but in the interim, Barba totally loses his cool. He winds up screaming at the detectives.
Someone needs to put this into a real story…or spec script.
I was at Mariska’s filming of Inside the Actor’s Studio. Here are all the tidbits of info I remember her talking about:
- She still calls Chris Meloni her “partner” and it was really adorable. She mentioned how she almost quit the show when he left because “they started this thing together” and she thought they would “finish it together.”
- She talked about the moment she met Chris at the audition for Benson/Stabler. I don’t want to give away the whole story, but it involves his Jesus tattoo, him making a joke and the instant connection they had, like “two souls that fit together”
- She cried about her parents multiple times (5+ times). Talked about the crash that claimed her mother (Jayne Mansfield) and showed her scar.
- She told a story about auditioning for ER, this is a good one too that I don’t want to give away. But basically she doesn’t back down or take no for an answer when something feels right.
- She said Chris, being from NY, had the perfect “pimp walk” when they started SVU. She said her walk was nothing like that. Then got up and imitated the funniest walk. She has since mastered the Olivia Benson walk.
- They played the “you and this job are about the only things I’ve got anymore” scene from Fault to show the chemistry between her and Chris.
- We watched two of her favorite clips from this last season…the first was the “I just want to live” scene with Pablo. The second was the final Russian Roulette scene in ‘Beast’s Obsession.’ Peter plugged his ears and turned away during both clips. Mariska’s had so much emotion on her face while watching the scenes that James Lipton said he was “never seen anything like it in 20 years.”
- JHF and No More were discussed for about 45 minutes. She introduced multiple people from the foundation and talked about her new documentary “Shelved” about the rape kit back log.
- Peter and her both talked about when they first met on the set of SVU. How she called him a ‘kraut’ and he said meeting her was like “life.” When asked if it was a smooth road to marriage they both laughed and said “no, no, no.”
- She talked a lot about the process of acting (of course), I am not in the acting business, but her passion is inspiring. She talked about giving 500% of yourself and always being present in the moment of the scene you are doing. She is so committed, it is amazing.
- She mentioned that she didn’t sleep for 3 days before filming the Surrender Benson scenes and Beast’s Obsession scenes. When reading the script, she said, she didn’t think she could do those scenes. (damn you academy, where is her Emmy?!)
- She revealed that she has been in therapy on and off since the start of SVU. Because the material is very heavy, her foundation works with such difficult topics, that you need to “empty that glass.”
- Her least favorite word is “moist.”
- Her favorite words are open, in spirit, sparkling, laugh, love
- Curse words: shite, f***nut
- She said she looks up to “debra winger” as an actress, but accidently said “debra messing” and that “she would like that.”
- She sang a song in Hungarian from her time at summer camp.
- She spoke French with an audience member during a break. It was beautiful.
- Someone’s phone rang during the interview. James Lipton was mad, Mariska said “tell them I’m not here!” Then said “I have until 11pm to talk people!”
- She hates the sound of ambulances.
- Her and Peter had this amazing emotional hug when she was done. And he kissed her cheek.
- Her father (Mickey Hargitay) built the pink palace that Jayne Mansfield lived in. He also built Mariska a house in California back when she was just starting acting.
- She talked about how in general, she is not a confident person. She has her “moments of confidence” but she still feels like she is finding out who she is. And that is the purpose of life’s journey, discovering yourself.
- She said multiple times that she believes it was God’s plan to give her the role of Olivia Benson
- She also mentioned being “open” to whatever the future holds for SVU and her life. She mentioned the possibility of moving to LA next year, staying in NY, staying with SVU, directing/producing only for SVU…that she is open to whatever life throws at her.
- She will be directing another SVU episode for season 16 in December. She is also credited as a producer this season.
- The writers were there supporting her. (side note: I ran into Rob Cohen when I was leaving the bathroom. As in knocked into him. Heard him mention to someone that he already knew most of the stories she was telling, but that a few things surprised him).
- Question “If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?” She gave the double thumbs-up.
I’m very grateful to have a beautiful costar who’s not going to show up next season with her lips injected, and I say that in a really honest way. I actually get mad when pictures are taken of us and the photographers feel the need to go in and airbrush it. I just feel like that’s not who we are and what we need to represent. You know, when I had my second baby, I had a hard time losing my weight and I did feel like I had to fit into Maura’s dresses. And there was a point when I won’t say who, but I had the pressure of someone who didn’t want me to wear anything with my arms showing, and I was like, get over it! These are two women, they look different, their bodies are different. What we want to do with these characters is represent women in their entirety.
As a bisexual, it sickens me that some people WILL keep scrolling.
As the straight daughter of a gay man, it sickens me that some people will keep scrolling.
As a straight girl with a basic understanding of equality and love, it also sickens me that people will keep scrolling.
As a straight Christian woman, I pray that people will not scroll past this. Love, not judge.
I’m re-reblogging for that last one.
HOW TO SURVIVE A HEART ATTACK WHEN ALONE
Let’s say it’s 6.15pm and you’re going home (alone of course), after an unusually hard day on the job. You’re really tired, upset and frustrated. Suddenly you start experiencing severe pain in your chest that starts to drag out into your arm and up into your jaw. You are only about five miles from the hospital nearest your home. Unfortunately you don’t know if you’ll be able to make it that far. You have been trained in CPR, but the guy that taught the course did not tell you how to perform it on yourself..!!
NOW HOW TO SURVIVE A HEART ATTACK WHEN ALONE…
Since many people are alone when they suffer a heart attack, without help, the person whose heart is beating improperly and who begins to feel faint, has only about 10 seconds left before losing consciousness.
However, these victims can help themselves by coughing repeatedly and very vigorously.
A deep breath should be taken before each cough, and the cough must be deep and prolonged, as when producing sputum from deep inside the chest.
A breath and a cough must be repeated about every two seconds without let-up until help arrives, or until the heart is felt to be beating normally again.
Deep breaths get oxygen into the lungs and coughing movements squeeze the heart and keep the blood circulating.
The squeezing pressure on the heart also helps it regain normal rhythm. In this way, heart attack victims can perhaps buy precious time to get themselves to a phone and dial 911.
Rather than sharing another joke please contribute by broadcasting this which can save a person’s life!
Be prepared and become part of the solution. Get your free next-of-kin notification card today. Click here: https://www.InCaseOfEmergencyCard.com/
major signal boost
Reblogging cause this could save someone’s life
This could save many lives, reblog
I’m wearing a shirt that reads “Kill Me”.
If you saw me at a party or on the street would you promptly murder me?
What about if I had a few drinks? What if I was walking alone at night?
I’m guessing that you wouldn’t if you’re a sane individual.
The cops wouldn’t overlook your crime because of what I’m wearing because that’s silly. I wasn’t literally asking for you to kill me based on my choice of clothing. Who would take that defense seriously?
My friends wouldn’t blame me for being murdered and my killer would be behind bars almost instantly.
So, why is it okay to rape someone because they’re wearing revealing clothes? Why does THEIR choice of clothing excuse THEIR attacker?
It doesn’t. You’re silly if you think otherwise.
The less guilt on the attacker. The more guilt on victim.
Stop. Victim. Blaming.
Reblogging this again because it’s perfect.
I fucking love you.
Someone needs to add a ‘mic dropped’ to this. Really.
Fucking THANK YOU
(Source: , via vawnly)